Before you travel please visit Travel Health Pro for further information about your destination.
When travelling please allow as much time as possible to arrange your travel appointment at the Practice. We advise you attend to arrange your appointment at least six weeks before you travel. Please help us to help you better by having as much information as possible to hand including:
- Travel destination (especially multiple destinations)
- Dates of travel
- Any previous vaccinations (especially anything given at private clinics or elsewhere)
We offer a limited number of appointments for this travel service which can be booked by reception. If we are unable to offer you an appointment, there is a range of local services you may wish to access.
Please note only the following vaccines are available on NHS:
- Hep A
Advice on Malaria will be given.
Immunisation against infectious Hepatitis (Hepatitis A) is available free of charge on the NHS in connection with travel abroad.
NHS Service – We supply and administer these vaccines under our NHS Contract
Non-NHS Services – We are not contracted to and DO NOT supply or administer these services
- Diphtheria/Tetanus/Polio:For individuals who have not had the basic course of immunisation or a reinforcing dose. Combination vaccine should be administered.
- Hepatitis A:Recommended for persons travelling to areas of poor sanitation where the degree of exposure to infection is likely to be high.
- MMR: All individuals who have not had 2 doses of MMR will be offered vaccination. Recommended for areas where food and water is likely to be contaminated. Also available in combination with Hepatitis A vaccine.
- Rabies: Only available on the NHS to workers in areas of special risk of contact with infected animals e.g. vets.
- Yellow fever:This is not an NHS service to travellers.
- Meningitis ACWY: This is not an NHS sevice. For those visiting Saudi Arabia only we offer the vaccination with the certificate for a fee of £10 per person.
- Hepatitis B:This is not an NHS service to travellers, employees for occupational purposes or students for educational purposes.
- Antimalarial tablets: This is not an NHS service. We do issue private prescriptions for adults who need them.
- Tick borne encephalitis:This is not an NHS service to travellers.
- Rabies: Recommended for travellers to enzootic areas who may be at risk of infection, but this is not an NHS service.