The Aberfeldy Practice is expecting the flu vaccines to be delivered on the 3rd of October 2022. All eligible patients will be contacted via SMS or a phone call.
Those eligible for NHS flu vaccine in 2022/23 are:
• those aged 65 years and over
• those aged six months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups (as defined by the influenza chapter in ‘Immunisation against infectious disease’ (the ‘Green Book’)
• All children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2022
• pregnant women
• those in long-stay residential care homes
• close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
• 50 to 64 year olds not in clinical risk groups (including those who turn 50 by 31 March 2023)
• Secondary school-aged children focusing on years 7, 8 and 9 and any remaining vaccine will be offered to years 10 and 11, subject to vaccine availability. They will be offered
immunisation through the school age immunisation service.
The extension of the flu programme to those aged 50 to 64 years not in clinical risk groups, these groups will be eligible for vaccination from 15th October 2022, to ensure the clinical prioritisation of those most at risk from flu.